TERMS OF SERVICE
Dark Dog Organic may amend these terms and conditions at any time. User’s continued use of this website constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated at the time of use.
User agrees that all the information posted or accessed by User will be used only for informational or educational purposes. There will be no commercial or other unauthorized use of interactive features. User will not engage in any conduct or action that is prohibited by law or violates and federal, state, or local laws. Users of this website also agree not to distribute, post, publish or otherwise communicate any content which defames, abuses or threatens others, which is hateful or racially offensive, or which contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images, or which contains unauthorized copyrighted material or infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
All registered and/or unregistered trademarks and/or service marks (collectively, “Marks”) used or referred to on this website are the property of Dark Dog Organic, its parent, and affiliates unless otherwise noted. Users may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify these Marks in any way for any purpose without Dark Dog Organic’s prior written permission. The use of Dark Dog Organic’s Marks on any other website is prohibited.
All materials contained in this website are copyrighted except where explicitly noted otherwise. User acknowledges and agrees that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in this website (“Content”) is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. User may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from this Content or use this Content other than as expressly authorized by this Agreement without Dark Dog Organic prior, express authorization.
User agrees that any materials (including without limitation, stories, text, pictures) submitted to Dark Dog Organic become the sole property of Dark Dog Organic, and that User has no rights of any kind in such materials. To the extent that such materials cannot be transferred to Dark Dog Organic, User grants Dark Dog Organic a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to modify, use, display, distribute, sub-license, and publish such materials for any purpose.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the website, we make no and disclaim all warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assume no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the information contained on the website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Dark Dog Organic may provide Users with links to other websites. These third party sites are not under the control of Dark Dog Organic and User acknowledges that Dark Dog Organic is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials available from such third party sites. User also agrees that Dark Dog Organic shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of using any third party’s website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT DARK DOG ORGANIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPT OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE, OR RESULTING FROM ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OR THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED, EVEN IF DARK DOG ORGANIC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
NOTE: SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Dark Dog Organic makes no warranty that this website will meet your requirements or that it will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free; nor does Dark Dog Organic make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of this website or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through this website. USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS DONE AT USER’S OWN RISK AND THAT USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO USER’S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH CONTENT.
UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED OTHERWISE, DARK DOG ORGANIC PROVIDES THIS SITE CONTENT “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW. THIS INCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL DARK DOG ORGANIC OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE CONTENT, EVEN IF DARK DOG ORGANIC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTE: SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
User agrees, at User’s expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Dark Dog Organic, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, distributors and licensees from and against any judgment, losses, deficiencies, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) incurred in connection with or arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding arising out of User’s breach of this Agreement or in connection with User’s use of this website or any product or service related thereto.
This Agreement and the relationship between User and Dark Dog Organic shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or relating to use of this website and the material contained in this website shall be resolved in a federal or state court of Miami, Florida. User agrees that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arises or it will be forever barred.
The waiver by either party of a breach or right under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or right. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of this Agreement, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
Dark Dog Organic respects your privacy and is committed to protect your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
When we mention “Dark Dog Organic”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to:
DD USA ORGANIC LLC
3921 Alton Road Suite 242
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA company number: 46-2175032
DD USA ORGANIC LLC and Dark Dog Organic is the controller for personal data collected via this website.
Should you have any question about the collection and processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will process and treat it.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority in the appropriate jurisdiction.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Personal data that is indispensable for us to fulfil the purposes that are described in this Policy is marked with an asterisk on the various pages of the Websites and/or underlined as required upon any contact you have with Dark Dog Organic. Should you not fill in these mandatory fields or otherwise provide us with this information, Dark Dog Organic may not be able to take care of your requests and/or provide you with the requested products and services. Other personal data you would communicate to us is purely optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services accordingly.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Marketing and Communications Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Purpose-Activity / Notifying you about changes to our privacy notice
Type of data / (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Marketing and Communications
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest / (a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated)
Retention period / 12 months
Purpose-Activity / To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Type of data / (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest / (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Retention period / 12 months
Purpose-Activity / To use data analytics to improve our website,
products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Type of data / (a) Technical (b) Usage
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest / Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
Retention period / 25 months
Purpose-Activity / To provide you with marketing communication and information about our company and products
Type of data / (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Marketing and Communications
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest / (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business) (b) Consent
Retention period / Following notification that the data subject no longer wishes to receive marketing communications
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are set out in the table above.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of activities/purposes 1-4 above.
DISCOLURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to your consent, we may share your personal data with internal and external third parties.
In any case, we require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal data within the DD USA ORGANIC LLC and Dark Dog Organic. This may involve transferring your data to the European Economic Area (EEA).
Whenever we transfer your personal data to the EEA or other countries, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to EU countries according to the General Data Protection Regulation.
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data to the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
COOKIES & THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the personal data supervisor.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.