At DARK DOG ORGANIC we believe a healthy lifestyle is important for maintaining and guaranteeing a good health, and in that way better face our daily lives. This is why we put a lot of care in making our products with organic ingredients that offer so much more than flavor. We want to introduce you to Acerola fruit, an ingredient present in both our 50 calories drink, and our recently launched beverage with coconut water. This fruit, also known as “West Indian cherry” or Barbados cherry due to its similarity to cherries, stands out due to its vitamin C content.
Below we bring you some of its many benefits:
- Significant content of vitamin C. It is considered to be one of the fruits with the highest content of this vitamin, even greater than oranges.
- It is an immunostimulant. It has a great ability to reinforce the body’s defenses, boosting the organism’s natural antibodies and therefore directly acting on the immune system.
- Helps cleanse the organism of substances such as nicotine or alcohol, since in addition to its great vitamin C content, it contains large doses of phosphorous, calcium and vitamins of the B group, as well as antioxidants, which confer it a great ability to stop cell membrane destruction.
- Consumption of Acerola fruit hydrates our skin and hair from within, thanks to its high protein content.
- Natural anti-inflammatory. Its anthocyanin contents allow it to reduce the pain caused by migraines or headaches, acting just like some drugs we commonly use for that purpose.
To us, a healthy lifestyle is much more than exercising and leading a healthy diet. If you still haven’t dared to give this fruit a try, what are you waiting for?